Monday, November 24, 2008

World AIDS Day December 1, 2008

A time to reflect, mourn and celebrate those fallen soldiers who have lost their battle to AIDS. I was feeling particularly emotional this World AIDS day. I was missing my best friend Bill and throughout the day, the rush of so many fallen soldiers I've known in the course of my life scurried across my mind at a rapid pace. I Longed for the lives lost:
my friends
my loved one's
my patients
and strangers,
who could have someday become family.


The images below are from a World AIDS day candle-light vigil held by the Gay Men's Health Crisis (GMHC).

Candlelight Vigil held by GMHC.















REALITY CHECK-- My best friend Bill's Kaposi Sarcoma-ravaged legs. Long Island College Hospital, 2007.

Because I remember and will NEVER forget!

Taking care of Bill in the hospital. 2007. Photo by Pavan Carter

No comments: