Sunday, March 30, 2014

Peekskill waterfront as dusk began to fall and the fog thickened.

I took my dog Max out for a walk at the waterfront. One thing that is true about any waterfront is that it's beauty changes with the season. Temps in Peekskill are still struggling to get above 50. The snow has finally all just melted. Even though it's spring, the bare tree's are reminiscent of the winter I would rather forget. Nevertheless, the moodiness is undeniable. The scene evoked a loud peace that I wanted to capture and never forget. This was an atmospheric weekend dressed in wind, fog, clouds, and plenty of RAIN. Days like today where the sky is overcast and the light is diffuse is the best light to shoot in, especially if you like moody images like I do. Below are a series I shot with my iphone. I enjoy grain in moody images. Some photographer's prefer images that are super sharp. I think the grain in the images lends itself nicely to a documentary aesthetic. Enjoy the view!

No comments: