Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Half way point--PET scan tomorrow!

Tomorrow morning marks a defining moment in my cancer journey. I am set to get a PET scan which will reveal whether or not the 8 chemo treatments I've received so far has worked in ridding myself of cancer cells and shrinking the enlarged lymph nodes in my body. I am praying for an "all clear."
Am I nervous? Yes. But I'm not worried. I believe this whole experience with cancer has served a purpos...e, but it is by no means the end of my story. I look with amazement at all the self-portraits I've created since my diagnosis in July and recognize the guidance and healing contained in each one of them. There is a force greater than me at work, and I know I am protected. Whatever the results reveal tomorrow, it doesn't change the fact that I am a fighter and a winner!

No comments: