Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Message of Thanks

As 2011 draws to a close, I pause to give thanks for the many of my global Facebook and Blogger friends and family who I’ve made special connections with, whose support during my journey through cancer has uplifted me and given me added strength to fight. In sharing my plight so publicly, I hope that the lessons I’ve learned and shared have been the just gift for your own hearts and lives to help overcome your own adversity, or impart to others. This year, I’ve learned the valuable lesson in friendship; that this special bond is not based on the material or tangible even, but that which reaches across this medium and touches the heart, caresses the soul, and gives the mind some much due peace.

This year, I have loved and been loved like no other; by my wonderful partner K, my family, my friends and even strangers who have now become part of my extended family. I have become a stronger believer in the human spirit, and trust that whatever it is we need, we receive by sharing openly and honestly. There are always those willing to give of themselves in a true act of HUMANITY.

For all the love I’ve received this year, I hope I’ve been able to return in a way that nurtures the soul and restores hope in humankind. I am so full of gratitude for my friends, my family and even for cancer. Cancer has made me keenly aware of my strength and desire to live a life of giving, for these attributes have not waned, even as I reached my weakest point, only to rise and rise again. Thank you to all of you for giving me your time, your good words, sharing your spirit and your love with me. I am forever thankful and blessed, and I look forward to a healthy, creative, and prosperous New Year for all of us!! Make 2012 the year of WINNING and OVERCOMING all personal battles! AWAKEN to a New YOU!


No comments: