Monday, July 09, 2007

Bill Harmon, Proud Adodi Brother

I'm posting this photo to share with the Adodi brotherhood and to let you know how much Bill was proud to be an Ado. The tee-shirt he's wearing is from the Chicago Adodi retreat of 2002. This pic is actually a self-portrait of us that Bill set up with my old Yashica camera in Madison Square Park NYC. The photo was taken on a beautiful day in the summer of 2005---3 years after the Chicago retreat. Bill, wore that T-shirt out! He was always proud of who and what it represented, and wore the T-shirt often.

Bill loved Adodi, and the brothers with all his heart. He was definitely going on the retreat this year. He valued the love and support he received from the brothers, even down to the very end. Please enjoy the picture, and pass on to other fellow Adodi brothers. Click on image to ENLARGE.

I love the timeless quality of this image. It may as well have been taken in 1967 as my t-shirt indicates.

P.S.- Services for Bill are still in the works. I'll post once everything is finalized. Thank you for the emails and beautiful sentiments expressed to me personally. Bill was my best friend and I miss him so much!

I'll close with a passage directly from one of Bill's Journal:

9/19/05 Sunday. 4:10p.m.

"I have been in the hospital since Wednesday. What an experience. I have had changes that have made growth in me. My thinking has changed. I will allow love to enter my life and the love of my friends I will allow to grow without fear of not being able to love back."

2 comments:

EpiphanyNoir said...

This picture is stunning! It says everything in one moment of time! I remember another Yoruba saying
"Mo Ni Fe e" Simply means I love you and I see that expressed in the picture very clearly! Thanks for the post!

Lola Gets said...

You have such wonderful pictures on your blog! I am sorry that your friend died - he seemed like a truly creative and talented person (he took great pics, too).
L