Thursday, December 08, 2005

Elder Grace: Aging in the Black Gay Community

Greetings,

I'm looking for participants in the New York City area for a new photography/video project I'm embarking on. Basically, I'm searching for black men and women 50 years of age and older to interview (on camera) about their reflections of aging in the black gay community. Portraits will be the foundation of the project, with video and writings as the backbone.

The goal of this project is to shed some light on the issues that affect the large percentage of black gay men aging in America today. Some of the issues I'd like to tackle are love, loss, aging as a single black man/woman, aging as a couple, health, reflections on black gay community over the years, and your dreams, either fulfilled or unfulfilled.

If you are remotely interested in participating in the is project please contact me via my email address at spiritus1@aol.com for more details. If you yourself don't qualify for the project, please feel free to forward this email. To view a sample of my work, please visit my site at http://omorisset.myexpose.com/

Peace & Light for the season and the new year!

Ocean Morisset Photography
http://omorisset.myexpose.com/

2 comments:

Waddie G. said...

good luck with the project...I would love to see it!

EpiphanyNoir said...

Wow! thats a subject thats long over due... best of luck on making that happen... I cant wait to see it!