Monday, July 23, 2007

"Catching your LIFE!"--Soul Summit Music Fest 2007

That's exactly what happens at the annual Soul Summit Music Festival in Fort Greene Park, Brooklyn-- You 'Catch your LIFE!' This summer jam knows no color nor sexual orientation. In true ol' skool house form, it's a free for all, and all that is required is positive energy. This classic party, the second of four, is strictly for House Music Heads...especially for those who love to DANCE! From about 4pm-9:30pm the sounds of DJ Sadik thump through the speakers and radiate through your soul. Even if you don't dance, you can't help but be affected by the high energy (and sheer SEXINESS) of the mostly nubian crowd. I notice this year, more SGL men of color and couples come out and hit the dance floor. In years past, I remember Bill and I being the first SGL dancers to hit the dance floor, crumbling the ice for others to follow suit.

I always enjoying photographing the event but I also love dancing! Bill and I LOVED house music, so I had to represent! In between photographing, I danced and twirled with TEN complete strangers, both men and women, straight and gay. I just kept moving from one to the next, to the next, to the next...I danced for both Bill and myself. And I saw Bill too! There was a butterfly out all day flapping it's beautiful orange wings to the raunchy beats. I know Bill was with me. :-)

Below are some photos from the event. Enjoy, and see you on August 5th and August 12th for the last two parties!





















































Till the next one...

1 comment:

EpiphanyNoir said...

Thanks for the shout out on my blog.. your pictures continue to pull me into your life... Than mark of a master photographer! Wish you were coming to Caribana man!